Followers

Thursday, May 2, 2019

May Day Celebration

Hi good afternoon the topic above May Day Celebration. Yesterday is was standing in a May Day celebration in my country and was listen to the leaders of various trade union talk and they said that they were willing to keep up the pressure on the government for workers but to me for the last couple of years the government have always been one step ahead of the unions in my country, as I stated in one of my earlier blogs their have been a lot of workers being send home and these union leaders have don't nothing to help the workers keep their jobs but yesterday the said that they would continue to pressure the present government for workers but I've heard this time and time again but when it comes to seeing action I haven't seen nothing coming now I'm not saying start a roit or any things to bring harm to people or citizens but to me the unions have been losing this battle hand down and workers don't seem to have the faith they once had in these union leaders so standing up there and stating to wage war to me wasn't the best statement. Worker often join unions to help them save gaurd their jobs but when you see workers in union going home and the union can't save their jobs it frightening to say the least, at every turn the government continues been in front of these union leaders which brings their current statement which is government hates the labour movement and are trying to destroy workers but even if that is true I believe the current labour leaders are not like the people they took over from and lack that fire to represent workers and make sure they keep their jobs so people don't have faith in unions like 20 years ago, I'm not saying all the union leaders are bad but to me our best union leader in this country right now is Waston Duke he has fire and conviction in his duties he is the P.S.A President currently and has fought hard we need some more union leaders like him to bring back people believing in unions and get back the massive crowds like when Errol McLeod and Jenifer Baptiste- Primus used to be speaking in those days it's was thousands of people marching and they hard more ideas how to help workers keep their jobs and they were always on step ahead of the government in their time I hope my country gets back union leaders like them soon for the sake of our workers. On that note I done for today but I like to thank everyone who takes time in their busy day to read my blog I really appreciate it and till the next one this has been Chris discussing daily topics.

No comments:

Post a Comment